Tuesday 1 September 2009

World of Glyphwar

I am unable to upload an image for today's post for some unknown reason so we'll have to do without it. Today's topic will be the glyph market.

I may have said earlier that I have lowered my threshold to between 2 and 3 gold, making my glyphs very cheap. By having this low threshold I appear to have shocked the market, there is almost no one undercutting me. I have yet to have to cancel more than 25 glyphs (less than 10%) at any time today. None of these were undercut by any of my major competitiors.

So what does this mean then? Yes, that I have found a price where my competition can not get to me without loosing out on too much profit to make it worthwhile. I on the other hand do not care as these prices still keep me above the point where I'll loose gold although I wont make a lot, a price I'm willing to pay to drive the competition away.

So, here's the situation, I got acess to a decent amount of herbs (I just found myself another supplier that can get me the same amount as the other one for the same cost) coming in for a good price, I am not very dependant of the herb prices on the AH and I got a lot of glyphs and ink stored up (though the glyphs are selling out really fast right now).

This means I can dump the prices, get profit and keep my competition out of the market, at least temporarily. By doing this I can hopefully get a bunch of the low sellers, and maybe some of the bigger ones, out of the glyph market. I am also considering lowering my fallback to really show them I'm serious about this.

The problem is of course, the snowfall inks. While my plans look good on the paper (or the computer screen) they are pretty hard to get to work in reality. The big problem is finding a buyer. I have to have a deal that is good enough to make it worth it for the buyer but it must still make up for my costs. The 5 ink of the sea for a snowfall works good for that as I get a nice amount of inks while the customer makes more than he would if he had gone to the ink vendor.

Unfortunantly my server doesn't really have any big card makers. I looked at the AH and saw that there were no one who had more than two or three cards up. This is some trouble for me as I rely on these people to make gold.

So to make sure I got all ways to get rid of snowfall covered I put them on the AH. After a while I got undercut pushing the prices down from 19g to 13-14, so I decided to give back by pushing them down to 12g 80s. This is still profit for me, it's actually more than they would have been worth if I traded them for snowfall.

After buying some titanium for 200g/stack I am down to 7000g, but I did get a little more epic gems than expected (1 more on 5-6 stacks, not anything huge but every little bit helps).

4 comments:

  1. I doubt I really could give snowfall ink away on my server. Actually I had accumulated so much of it I burned through 70 darkmoon cards. That's always an option is to just save it while picking up eternal life cheap off your suppliers. I wouldnt make any batches of cards unless you can make atleast 50. making 25 cards and getting 2 or 3 nobles will make you cry lol.

    In case you were wondering the 70 cards got me 4 prisms decks, 1 nobles deck, 2 chaos decks and 1 undeath deck when i combined em with the cards I already had in my bank :) Now to wait for the fair to come and go so I can sell em to people in trinket form for a little extra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it seems like it's not impossible, I sold all inks bellow 13g tonight, that means I'm down to 43 inks from 84 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, Snowfall Inks are now selling (even though very slowly) in stacks of 20 on my server. There aren't any major card crafters either, and I'm seriously considering becoming one. Getting loads of Eternal Lifes can't be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, I will (or have really) write a little more in detail about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete