Thursday 17 September 2009

Upswing

Imagine this, you are happily logging on to WoW to check your auctions. You plan on doing the normal rutine of picking up the gold from your mailbox, canceling and then reposting. You go to the mailbox and notice something is not right! There are only 3 auction sucessful mails in the mailbox, you open them and notice that none of them contain more than 10g! You decide it's just bad luck and post all undercut auctions. The next day you return and notice the same thing and this goes on for a whole week.

If the above scenario was real, what would you do? Well, for the last weeks I have been having that situation and have yet to found a solution. Or well, that was true until today when I finally noticed the reason. What was it? As I may have told you my server currently got pretty low glyph prices, though they are slowly going up. In short, I realised that I didn't have enough glyphs up to get enough sales for it to be profitable, so what did I do?

As the problem was a too small coverage of glyphs I decided the best way to counter it was getting more glyphs. So what I did was that I queued up enough glyphs to make sure I had 3 of each glyph I can make by using Kevmar's addon. This used up most of my ink of the sea and a huge part of my stocked up ink from the big screwup, and I assume Kevmar doesn't like I'm doing that. However I felt it was necessary. Was it worth it? Well, you can decide that yourselves.














The above picture was taken within 30 minutes of my posting and I have already sold more than I sold in a week earlier, not too bad. What I need to do now is finding a supplier, something I haven't bothered with so far as my glyphs have been moving very slow, but now when I start selling them at this rate it seems like I need to get them back.

Well, except from a huge glyph sucess nothing has really happened today. I did a lot of saronite and infinite dust purchases yesterday so I'm down to about 14 800g. I have also started leveling my DK so I can do the JC daily without having to spend stupid amounts of time to kill a mob 5 or 6 level higher than me to notice it didn't drop. I reached level 66 today and aim for at least level 70 for epic flying in Northrend.

4 comments:

  1. Lol! One of your buyers is a twitard. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I need to up my output and posting as well. I am just dabbling with all the stock of glyphs I had while leveling my DK with herbs/Inscription. I make around 50g-100g/day doing nothing more than posting and reposting everything that is already made. I need to settle down and decide what to start making and posting on a regular basis.

    Is there a way to know which glyphs and best sellers versus the duds that never sell even when you list them for under 1g? I mean I can what ever day what "I" sell but that doesn't give me the overall glyph market as I have surely not made all the glyphs that are hot sellers while I was leveling up. I am also still doing minor and northrend research getting new glyphs daily but I have held off making new glyphs until I am better sure what to make. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rich
    Well, until recently I have picked my glyphs manually from the QA2 summary window or choosing the glyphs with a high auctioneer value. The last few crafting sessions I have been using Kevmar's addon that I linked to in the post (I hate having to share such a great addon but as he put it out on his blog I guess my small group of readers wont really matter) but it requires you to have a good stock of ink, at least the first time.

    The good thing about this is that you only craft glyphs that sell and once you have made a stock of lets say 3 of each glyphs you will never have to craft a none selling glyph again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grats on your sales.

    I wrote that mod out of necessity. I was doing daily crafting and the constant review of each and every glyph was slowing me down. (I was also using 550-1200 ink a night)

    Its not a big deal to me how others run the market they are in. But a large inventory of ink has saved me so many times. Thats why I preach it so hard. At the same time I am on a server that buys a high volume of glyphs. And the gold just flows in when my competition runs out of ink.

    ReplyDelete