Thursday 10 September 2009

Helping a Noob

I may just be wasting my time, or I am saving a noob from a life of poverty. Well, you propably don't understand what I mean so I'll take it from the begining. Today while I was taking care of my glyphs as usual I saw a guy yelling that he wanted to sell a Black Rose for 2g. Auctioneer instantly told me it could be bought from a vendor for 50s. I decided to whisper him and do my regular routine (surely spelled wrong) for annoying people.

So I whispered him, offered him 33s for it and we got to the usual begging with "plz", "my main is hacked" and so on, I prepared to do some last comment on how he should make his own gold before ignoring him. But I didn't. For some reason this begger had made me feel like helping him. After trying to help him out I can tell you guys he is a mostly like the average noob, but he do have some experience of the game and is relatively smart (for being a WoW noob).

But to let you know about the helping part, I first told him to install auctioneer, then I spent a while showing him the vendor search function. This part in particular took a while as he went afk when I had made him start the AH scan without listening to the last parts of how to search, so I had to wait for him to come back. All in all this took me about 30 minutes, wasted time you may say, and I am close to thinking so as well.

But there is this small chance that he will use my advice to get into the AH, use the basics I learned him and learn how to use the AH in more complicated ways with professions and other stuff. I will keep track of this guy over the next few days/weeks to see how he's doing and find out if my time really was wasted.

So, with that done the only thing left to tell you is how my economic situation is right now. I got most of my snowfalls sold which netted me about 600g, combined with some glyph sales (still don't make all that much from them, about 200-400g/day), gems and scrolls I am sitting at a total 14 300 gold, approaching the 15k mark :D

Unfortunantly the herb prices have gone up, adder's tongue are up to 30g/stack while the others are a bit cheaper lying a little above 20g/stack,

2 comments:

  1. hey was just wondering how much does a stack of Ink of the Sea go for on your server? You always talk about milling for your Inks, but on my server I can buy a stack of Ink of the Sea for 50g, which means a single Ink is worth 2.5g So at most a glyph is usually only 3-6g to make. And I just craft any glyph that sells for over 10g. Very good profits so far. Only my 3rd day as inscriptionist by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They usually sell for about 50g/stack (higher now with the crazy herb prices) here as well. But in one of my previous posts I did a (pretty bad) calculation that showed that milling the herbs myself were more profitable unless I made about 2000g/hour. Also the glyphs on my server are pretty low so even with only a 6g crafting cost I'd most likely loose money. By milling them myself I can push the threshold down to 2.5g.

    ReplyDelete