Monday 7 September 2009

The Darkmoon Faire


If you have read my posts the last week or so you can't have missed that the Darkmoon Faire is coming up, or to be more precise, tomorrow. With it comes some good stuff, and some bad stuff. Today I started to panic as I had less than a day to get ready for a possible jump in the herb prices. As I am already having issues with nearly all of my glyphs being sold out and only 700 inks that I would like to have stocked up in case of an emergency.

So what I did was that I bought up a few stacks of herbs, not any huge amounts, but enough to keep up for a week, for 20g/stack. I then started doing the Netherwing dailies to get a nether drake, just for fun with no gold involved. WoWwiki says that in one day I should be able to reach neutral, but by gathering eggs and using the human reputation bonus (love that thing) I am already up to 2000 rep from honored with 2 netherwing eggs.

But that got nothing to do with this, as I said, I bought some herbs. Later I checked the AH again and saw 56 stacks of adder's tongue for 17g which I instantly bought (Carbon, I can't thank you enough for telling me about Auctionator), the total price was a little less than 1000 gold. A while later the prices had dropped down to 16g but I didn't buy anything as I wanted to let the market drop. With these purchases I'm sitting at about 83 stacks of adder's tongue and icethorn. As I get 6 inks per stacks I can turn them into about 500 inks.

With these herbs I am able to restock on glyphs, but first I'll wait and see if there's a major rise in the herb prices during the week.

Even with this huge purchase I am only down to 12 600 gold thanks to JC and enchanting which means I was up to a little more than 13 500 gold today. So a really great day.

4 comments:

  1. Why Auctionator? Is it better than Auctioneer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aucionator basically allows you to purchase bulk items pretty much instantly. It works with auctioneer but it just adds 2 more tabs a Buy and Sell and has a different way of displaying the info that you'd normally see on the main search window. I highly recommend checking it out if you purchase large quantities of items off the AH. Or if you post a large quantity of various things onto the AH. I havent actually had Auctioneer turned on in a few weeks :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops. Forgot to say awsome Belse :P Glad you are doing good and liking the addon :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Carbon said, it lets me buy huge amounts of items easily. Those stacks I bought took just a few seconds to prepare and then auctionator did all the buying for me.

    ReplyDelete