Tuesday 22 September 2009

Goldfest!

I assume you have noticed that brewfest is here, possibly by checking your calenders or maybe because of the people riding around on rams in Ironforge. No matter how you found out there may still be gold to make! How? Well, at the moment I have no idea, but that is what I will do tomorrow. If you got any ways to make gold of the brewfest event feel free to make a comment about it.

I didn't really do anything today except for killing Direbrew (no mount), doing the Brewfest quests and an (incredibly failed) ToC. One of my addons (I suspect it's either auctioneer or auctionator) is currently not working right and freezes the game almost every time I search making it close to impossible to actually post any glyphs. I did make some money over the weekend and I have now ended up at about 17 700g.

Due to the above freezing problem I haven't really been able to do anything so all I could do for today's post was to write a short preview to what's coming up tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have noticed that, since about Friday, when I scan the AH or search for an individual item, when Auctioneer is doing "his thing" (you know, that 3 steps, I think that Auctioneer is updating his database) the game freezes at step/phase 2 for about 30-50 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regularly see the same thing from time to time. Most of the time if you're patient, it will eventually come out of locking up and be back to normal. Like Raddik said however it can sometimes take as long as 30 seconds or more. I used to be too impatient and after 15 seconds or so think the game was frozen and kill the session and re-launch the game. So first piece of advice is to try waiting once to see if it comes out of its lockup.

    Second piece of advice based on the troubleshooting forums from the auctioneer addon site is to delete your Auc-ScanData.lua file that's located in your WTF folder under your account > saved variables. That does seem to help to a certain extent, for a while anyway.

    Give those ideas a try and see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Brewfest goodie ATM is

    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/48663/tankard-o-terror/

    This item has been added to the loot tables as it was intended but it is BoE! making it a very nice wanted by enh shaman BoE :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem with Auctioneer crashing searches, delete Auc-ScanData.lua in World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables

    Will probably fix it, doing this often will keep your searches fast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow and I thought it was just my auctioneer messing up. Mine would freeze as well (its why I've had it turned off for a few weeks lol). I'm going to delete the file mentioned above and try seein if it unfreezes.

    If your a mage you could sell ports from city to city for brewfest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update to the latest version of Auctionator. Versions 2.4.0 through 2.4.3 sometimes caused freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I managed to fix the problem by deleting the file mentioned by Travaxxis and anonymous. Thanks for all the advice.

    ReplyDelete