Thursday 3 September 2009

11k is more than 7000

About a month ago I did a mistake. A huge mistake that may have slowed down my entire AH progress. "What could he have done that caused such huge consequences" you might ask, well, the answer is simple. I bought a Nobles Deck.

Ok, I bought the cards to make a deck. The cost was pretty close to 4000g. Now I decided to sell it with the fair coming up, how much did I get? 4400 gold. That's a 10% profit after a months waiting. I could have made a lot more than that by using the gold spent. Well, too late to do anything about it now, but luckilly this means I just added 4400 gold to my gold pile putting me at over 11 000!

I have also sold all my snowfall ink and got a lot of money from it. So with my newly earned "fortune" I decided to go shopping, Scribe style. First of all I wanted to fill up my stock of ink of the sea some more, I "only" got 708 inks. But as the AH prices were crazy I decided to take a look in trade, every good AH players best friend as the prices are usually very low.

I instantly get whispered by a guy who says he got 350 stacks of adder's tongue. I of course get extremly happy beliving I had found myself a gold seller. He then tells me he want 350g per stack! I told him I wouldn't give him more than 15g per stack for it, he lowered his price to 50g and I gave up.

I checked both Icecrown and Sholazar for farmers but no sucess. I am actually getting a little worried, I got the maths to make lots of gold, now I only need the mats. I haven't heard from my farmer (the other one decided he didn't have time for farming) so I got no herbs today.

I am preparing a huge crafting session to make 10 of every glyph makeable, this will require about 2500 diferent inks. That means I'll need 416 stacks of herbs which will, at 15g each, cost me 6250. I do have lots of gold but I'm not willing to make such a huge risk yet, I will propably just make some of them and do the rest when I get the gold/mats.

5 comments:

  1. Not sure what your stack sizes are now when you craft but you could always go to 5 and then 10. That would cut down the inks needed per jump. Unless your already doing 5 then ignore me. :P

    How was your arena start? EU was today correct? or is that in process atm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm gonna try that. On the arena start, nothing really, the dust prices are slightly above the normal and the raw gems are lower than usual, haven't checked the cut ones yet.

    It may be as I am on a PvE server.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why bother making every glyph possible, when (at least in my experience) not every glyph is profitable? I typically only make glyphs that sell for over 10g, as the cost of making them is usually around 4-5g. Why bother making a glyph that only nets you 3-4g profit? *YAWN!* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I even make glyphs that I know I will not sell. I consider it an investment cost to make the process simpler.

    I also started small and worked my way up. I went from 3 to 5 to 10 to 12 to 14. For me 14 is that magic number that coveres how many times I post between crafting sessions. That is also the most I could possibly sell in that same time frame.

    If your stock is low, I would focus on building that stock of ink first. Last thing you want is to use up all your good ink on stationary glyphs only to find out there is a rush on your good sellers when you have no ink to craft with.

    This week is looking to be a great week for me. Herbs prices are way up and my competition looks to be out of ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere, but on my server I make good money with Nobles cards.

    The "trick" is: The cards are an investment that will yield good money in a month's time.

    What I am doing is using my Snowfall Inks crafting Darkmoon Cards of the North. I consider the inks a side product of my glyph making, so they are "free" (if they sold well on the AH it would have been a different story, but sadly, they don't. My attempts to sell them have all been in vain.) So, I craft some cards, and look up the AH for cheap other ones, as well as trade some with the guys spamming in trade chat. As a result, I gathered 8 Nobles decks during the month before the current Darkmoon Faire.
    What I am gonna do now is trade them for Greatness trinkets (5 STR + 3 AGI versions - that's how the demand goes). Then, I will wait until the Faire is over. During the faire, there are a lot of cheap Nobles Decks on the market, so you either sell them even cheaper... or look for noobs that don't know how to get a Greatness trinket. After the faire is over, less and less trinkets are available, and their prices are much, MUCH higher (it's possible to sell a trinket anywhere in the 7500-8500g range).

    The downside of this is having to invest in the cards a month before they yield the profit. The upside? It's easy money, more so if you craft at least a part of the cards yourself.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete