Tuesday 8 September 2009

The Joys of Milling

As I told you yesterday I bought a lot of herbs, that's great. But now comes the real work, milling. As I now have about 70-80 stacks of herbs and each stack can be milled 4 times I will have to press that button about 300 times.

In addition to that I have the time required to make the inks, luckilly that counts as AFK time and I can do other stuff, like writing on this post or watching TV, while making them. I wont have time for any long post today as my free time has been incredibly small today, so all that is left is to make the inks, and maybe get ready or even do a whole crafting session to stock up on glyphs. I had planned on making 3 of every profitable one which should leave me with a pretty good stock of inks while getting enough glyphs to start getting competive again.

Unfortunantly there has once again been a price increase, I could have choosen to sell the herbs which would have netted me a nice profit but I decided that getting back into the glyph market was more important than some short-term profit.

My enchanting scrolls sold great and I were able to pick up about 600g from the mailbox, at the moment I'm just bellow 13 000 gold, something that will drop once I buy the parchments for all my glyphs but I should be able to survive.

4 comments:

  1. Probably, you can make full automation of milling process, and u have 2 options to do that: unfair and pretty fair (i think). Unfair: u can use autoclick programs, but it's forbidden by Blizzard. Fair(i think): use Logitech G15 keyboard with it automation macro feature to click key "1" for example every 4 seconds. And u can go for a walk and get your fresh pigments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think blizzard allows you to use a keyboard to do that as it would be the same thing as having a bot do it for you, I don't know if they could figure it out but I'm not gonna try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if they don't let you use it - they can not check, have you used it, or not, cause it sends only hardware signals, like you pressed key manually.
    Friend of mine uses this keyboard for three years already and has not any problems. Absolutely.
    I was thinking about buying this geek thing, but it costs more than 100$ in my town and i'm playing with laptop, don't want have 2 keyboards at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOS: 1 click = 1 action
    So having a G15 macro that when you push 1 button 1 time does 1000 mills is bannable.
    Having a macro created with a software, like AUTOHOTKEY that when you push 1 button 1 time does 1000 mills is bannable.

    Now the real thing:

    Blizzard can track if you are using the G15 software or AutoHotKey, but BOTH OF THEM ARE LEGAL and NOT BANED by Blizzard... AutoHotKey is used by 99,99% of MultiBoxers (Blizzard LOVES multiboxers), G15 is used too by many WoW players, both of them are used THE RIGHT WAY... I mean not to make that fashion of automation we are talking about.

    So... can Blizzard ban me for using this for mass milling??...Well... maybe you are milling yourself click by click and you have AutoHotKey running because after the milling you are going to multibox... right?... How can Blizzard determine that!?...

    Conclusion: You are safe using this 2 things (i'm using a 3rd one...the Nostromo N52 with is software) for mass milling but please ALWAYS LOOK TO YOUR SCREEN EVERY 10 SECONDS... there can be a GM Whisper asking you if you are a robot!!!... Then you have to answer something like "No...I'm a real human...but I'm acting like a robot, pushing the same key 3.000 times constantly, because you have not implemented a fucking button that says "mill all"!!!!!!!"

    ;D

    ReplyDelete