Saturday 26 September 2009

Conclusion on the Gered Experiment

You may remember the level 1 dwarf I made a while ago in an attempt to start making gold at level 1 with only 10 copper. I made a few posts about it and then stopped. Why? Well, the reason was because I didn't do anything. After the first 4-6 days I had made about 25g that, while not a lot, proves that it's absolutly not necessary to be high level to make gold. By making 25g while starting out with 10 copper I've increased my gold amount by 250 000% in less than a week. Obviously the gold increase percentage wise is a lot bigger at lower amounts but it's still a lot.

So I then left him, not feeling it was worth the time any more, but now I have decided to get him back in business, with a small pocket change on about 2000g. He will mainly be used for finding new markets and working them.

2 comments:

  1. I tried doin something similar. I started a Dk on my brothers server and started leveling up inscription off the 20g I had.

    I fell 10 skill points short of making glyphs and out of money :(

    I might resume it sometime if i can convince my brother to give me like 100g play money to start with :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to level up a professions is, as you said, almost impossible unless you got the gold or gathering skill required. Good luck with getting those 100g, or you could try to farm them ;)

    ReplyDelete