Wednesday 9 September 2009

How to Destroy Stocked Up Ink

Today I screwed up. Not one of those small stuff like pricing an item wrong or buying overpriced stuff. If you use Skillet you are propably aware of the buy reagents feature. For you who don't know Skillet lets you queue up a craft list that you can then craft that list by pressing a single button (though you got to press it everytime you want to craft a new kind of item) and also lets you purchase all the needed mats from a vendor (but only if the vendor sells it of course) with a single mouseclick.

This is were the problem is. I am currently storing my inks in my alts' Guild Bank, so I sent some to Belsebub after making a queue and went to the ink vendor to buy what I needed. I then noticed that I didn't have enough inks on me, so I went to get some more from the Guild Bank. When I came back to the ink vendor I once again pressed the buy reagents button trusting skillet would take care of all my purchases for me. Well, that wasn't the case, instead of buying the remaining inks I needed it went through the whole crafting queue buying the exact same inks I had previously (not exactly the same as I had less inks).

So what does that mean? Well, it means I have now traded my whole ink stock for low level inks. While it wont kill me as I will still have the inks, it is annoying and will reduce my flexibility until I get some more, and with the current prices of herbs that could take a while.

On the other hand I have now finished my crafting and got both my glyph alts' bags close to full at the AH and about 3-400 glyphs resulting in a lot of sales. It's nice being back in the glyph buisness again :D

6 comments:

  1. i did this too >.<

    I only let skillet buy parchment now ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST had this happen last night. I blew through 32 stacks of ink of the sea and I actually posted alot of the low level ink on the AH for 75-100g+ a stack. (IoS sells for 50-60g a stack) and suprisingly someone leveled up inscriptions tonight because they bought up 90% of the ink and I actually made money off it.

    This is one reason I like ATSW. ATSW will only buy the remaining reagents unlike skillet >.<

    Glad to hear I wasn't the only one this happened to lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda glad to hear it's not just me. I felt like crushing my screen when it happened :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few days ago I did something like that. I picked up the parchement then got the ink. I must have been 3-4 stacks of ink short to get eveything.

    I crafted just a few glyphs and got the ink I needed. For some reason, I clicked the parchment vender and it repurchased enough to fill my bags. Once I got the ink I needed, I didn't have any room to craft with.

    4 inscription bags full of ink and parchment. It's just annoying for me. I know I will use whatever ink in a few days. But I have to go move and manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been able to get mine to automatically trade the ink for me. It buys the parchment just fine, but I have to trade the ink the old-fashioned way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finallt got through all the extra bags of inks I bought with exactly this method!!

    ReplyDelete