Wednesday 2 September 2009

Spending spending spending

Carbon at A Gnome's Conquest said:

"So I thought about it for a little bit (all of 20 seconds) and decided "what the hell? I've been broke my entire wow career. Worst case - I'll be broke again" lol. And proceeded to invest about 3k into saronite ore and cleaned the AH of eternal earths. All in all I spent 4k or so and was officially broke. Again."


After reading this I realised how right he was, you can't make gold without spending it. So what did I do? I spent a lot (a lot) of gold on eternal earth and saronite ores and I'm right now in the process of making infinite dust for the new season tomorrow as I've just realised I had no preparations for it. If you look at the picture you can also see that I got a lot of gems stocked up, that is mostly rests from old prospects of titanium and saronite when I was to lazy to get rid of them. I also put my death knight in Smacky's guild as it will be easier to acess stuff from one char to another.

With the new arena season coming up there will be a huge increase in the demand of enchants, gems and also glyphs. So I am now using all my huge citrines, bloodstones, sun crystals and chalcedonys to make rings and necklaces to disenchant. So I put my death knight to work making huge citrine necklaces, what happened? This:












That's only about 2/3 of all citrine necklaces and I still got a lot of chalcedony, bloodstone and sun crystal stuff coming up. I have yet to decide if I will sell the mats on the AH or use them for enchants, I will decide that when I see the prices of both enchants and mats.

The glyphs are still selling well, but low, so I have nothing to say there really. I did put my old nobles deck up on the AH and hope to get it sold within the next few days, a 5-6k gold bonus would be nice to have.

Well, I thought I was finished with this post but apparently I'm not. I just went to check my auctions one more time and guess what I found. All my snowfall on the AH had sold out. That means I have sold 84 snowfall inks in just 2 days! When I posted the 12 I had left (got more now as I just did a milling/crafting session) I had sold 3 within just a few minutes.

I assume this is due to the faire coming up but what this means is that I am very close to having free inks :D As I get 12g 19s due to the AH cut that makes the cost for a stack of herbs 2g81s, split that in 6 and you get 46 silver per ink!!! Using the previous calculation of glyph costs that puts the maximum cost per glyph at an amazingly low 1g42s! (I know, I use exlamation marks far to much in this post)

So with my threshold of around 2g50s I make a whole lot of gold, also I don't have to worry about being undercut as I am way bellow everyone else when it comes to costs (or they are just to greedy to sell glyphs for this low).

On top of that I got about 7-800 ink of the sea stocked up and some snowfall that will hopefully sell during the night. All in all I'm sitting at 6432 gold.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm flattered you quoted part of my blog :)

    Good luck on your arena start day tomorrow. Today has been chaos for me but in a great way.

    Infinite dust for me went from 60g to 97g a stack within 20 mins of the servers being up. Remember the pic of my gbank w/ the dust? theres about 6 stacks remaining :P

    Hope the day is as great for you and I would really love to see you pull ahead in profits because of my advice :D

    ReplyDelete