Monday 31 August 2009

Finding A Farmer

Well, as my glyphs have now started selling and I have lowered my threshold to a little above 2g, resulting in me now having about 440 glyphs on the AH. Although most of them are bellow 3 gold, I have decided to find a farmer.
I spent a while trying to find one without any sucess, but when I tried again later in the evening I found one, and a good deal too.

This farmer is now gonna supply me with 10 stacks of adder's tongue per day for 15 gold per stack. He got more and I can increase how many I will get per day at any time if I find 10 isn't enough.

I also bought a lot of herbs during the day (and used some old ones lying in my mailbox) and made them into inks. In total I now got 517 ink of the sea and 85 snowfall inks after spending about 5-600 gold on herbs..

I also feel I should make a small note about yesterday's post. After milling a lot of herbs I notice that there is a slight delay between each mill so I will instead count milling at 3 seconds. While this may not seem like a lot it can drastically change the end result, therefor I changed the whole post to fit in with this change.

I also added an edit saying that the prices where wrong as well and I then re-directed you to this post. Well, you see, in my calculations the price per ink of the sea was 0.33 gold (or 33 silver) as I sold my snowfall ink for 2 gold bellow the herb price per stack. But as I make more snowfall ink I can no longer sell it all so I am now trading it for 5 ink of the sea in trade (a good deal for the other guy as he gets twice as many inks as he would have gotten at Jessica Sellers.

The problem is of course that 5 ink of the sea is not enough to cover the herb cost as good as an snowfall ink can. So if I get 6 ink of the sea and one snowfall from each stack of herbs I can turn it into 11 ink of the sea. 15/11=1.36, so I now pay 1.36 gold per ink of the sea. That increases my glyph costs by a lot.

I also did the mistake to add the parchment prices when I calculated the average glyph price so I did do some stupid mistakes. So here is the (hopefully) correct version:
I get my inks for 1.36g each, that means that the cost for two inks is 2.72g, which then puts the average price for the inks (still assuming one third are two ink glyphs) at (2.72-1.36)/3 = 0.45
1.36 + 0.45 = 1.81. If we then add the parchment cost of 50 silver we get a total average price of the glyphs at 2g31s.

Well, I think I should push my threshold up a little bit.


I have now also installed statcounter on the blog, with pretty surprising results. So far I have thought I maybe had 3 or 4, maybe even 5 readers but it seems like it's a lot more. From the begining I had planned to post the results here but as the counter goes up far too fast for me to give any accurate results so I will just display the counter at the bottom of this page.

Just remember it only displays unique visitors and decides that by using a cookie, so as some people propably have cookies disabled the results wont be completly accurate. Also note that once a person has visited the page he wont be counted if he visits it again within 24 hours.

8 comments:

  1. I am also considering to trade the ink of snow for ink of sea, I wonder if that works well or not.

    Ink of snow is stockpiling on my guildbank now
    Making noble deck is another option, but I am not sure I would want to spam the trade channel for selling noble deck or not...
    Sounds too much work for me....

    Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farmer from hell? (pic lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I still haven't had much sucess with getting rid of the snowfall but I'm still trying to find a buyer. I will take a look at the deck market to see if there are any potential buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment :) and why wouldnt I add your blog to my list of blogs to read? I read this one fairly frequently and enjoy it :)

    As for the comment about feeling down - you shouldn't :) The only reason I even have remotely the amount of success that I do is because I play in 3 markets and am generally doing nothing but playing in the AH. Minus the 9 hours a week I raid :P

    My actual glyph sales are only like 300-500g a day (cept yesterday.. pure hell lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure hell...finding farmers! That's pure hell! :p

    Although it's hard to find farmers, I always find nice herb deals at the AH to make my Scribe live. I usually get to post 300-400 glyphs.

    Keep up the good work on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am not sure how you are calculating your average of 0.45.

    If you assume one third of your glyphs are two ink glyphs, then the ink cost in an average three sales would be (2.72 + 1.36 + 1.36) / 3 = 1.81 as your average ink cost.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kotamundus

    0.45 is the price of one ink divided by three, on the line bellow I wrote that my average ink cost was 1.81g, but I did write the calculations pretty bad, thanks anyways though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I figured I would comment here on your most recent post but it will be a comment for your entire blog. I just found you today and read through your entire series. I have a DK 450 herb/355 scribe so I was interested mainly in your take on inscription. I have actually enjoyed all of your posts and have you setup for a daily read.

    My main is a miner/skinner so most of my gold has been made with those professions and running about 150g/day in dailies so selling glyphs is simply a "odd" side job. I normally undercut 2g - 10g per glyph depending and normally sell out but then again I only post one or two of each kind per day - but I love the glyph market and once I hit frozen herb territory it will be even more interesting. I look forward to following your journey thru Azeroth

    ReplyDelete