Wednesday 19 August 2009

Back to leveling...


I have said in a previous post that I do not like leveling, and I prefer the end-game. However, sometimes we're forced doing things we don't like, like leveling an alt.

I did it a while ago on Ferni to get her enchanting and JC up, unfortunantly it appears level 65 isn't enough. Sure, it allows me to skill them up to 450 but that's not enough in the case of JC.

As any jewelcrafter I will have to do the dailies to get the good cuts, the problem is that these quests takes you out in Northrend to kill mobs that are at least level 70. I don't know if you've tried to kill a mob 5 levels higher than you but it's hard, even as a death knight.
First you have the fact that they have more health than you, additionally they have crushing blows and you'll miss, a lot.

That's why I have decided to level Ferni to at least 68 to be able to kill a mob in less than 5 minutes. The first thing I did was to buy a flying mount, setting me back about 600g. I am not logged on right now so I am not completly sure but I belive I currently have 6500g after the mount purchase meaning I made quite some money today, mainly through gems and enchants, glyphs are still not selling well (see the picture, click to magnify it).

The titanium prices are finally dropping and I had the chance to buy a few stacks for 250g today, but I didn't think it was worth it. On AH they were on for 300g so within a few days the prices should be down. I have still not decided on what to do about the glyph situation, I can either wait it out or do something about it, today I made a list of all glyphs even remotely worth selling in skillet in case I would decide to do some price dumping of my own.

I put about 5 to 10 in it, but the issue is, of course, inks. It appears as that there's some kind of bug in skillet making me unable to see the amount of inks I need (it showed x pigments and y inks in the shopping list, in some cases the inks were exactly half as many as the pigments and in others they weren't), but it appears as that this would require between 600 and 1300 inks of the sea. 1300 would cost me about 3000g if I made them myself but if I sold all snowfall ink I would get it for only 400g (if every snowfall ink sold for 13g).

I would propably be able to sell them eventually but I am not willing to risk half my pile of gold at something like this. I might do once I get an answer from a guy I mailed today asking if he would want to have a steady supply of snowfall inks (he bought all 8 I had on AH). He is propably just doing as a one time thing to get himself a nobles deck but it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment