Thursday 13 August 2009

Price Dumpers and Whiners

Please read through the Quick Auctions 2 post before reading this.

If you are able to see my crappy image you propably notice two things.
1. My glyph sales are going pretty fine and
2. There have been a price crash on most glyphs.

Today I also got contacted by a scribe colleague who wanted me to know that the price dumping I and the other scribes on my server did was really imorallic and bad for the market. I who had no idea of what he talked about, decided to play along as I was pretty bored and started teaching him about driving competition out of the market. We kept going for a while before I decided I didn't have time for this and left. I sent some screenshots to Gevlon to see if he was interested in putting them up on his blog as he do have a lot more readers than me, if I even have any right now.

However, even if I acted unconcerned this could cause some problems. The big issue is, of course, the price drop. There are a few ways this can be countered in a few ways:
1. I'll wait it out, hoping the prices will rise.
2. I'll contact the price dumper trying to talk him out of what he's doing.
3. I'll do some really serious price dumping (paid for by my JC and enchanting) and hope the price dumper will leave.

Before deciding I wanted to see who the price dumper was, and when I did I got a nasty surprise. 3 of my main competitiors, of which two post about as many glyphs as I do and 1 a little less, had all posted their glyphs at 5g 98s. I can just hope this is because they are all used by the same player and he has gotten QA2 (See the other post today) and done some mistake in the configuration.

The worst case scenario would be if this is one player posting from multiple alts to scare others of, as that would mean I got a competitior posting 3 times as much as I that have now decided to price dump. If I am faced with 3 diferent glyph sellers however, that would make things easier as I can just wait until they'll quit. Keeping a trade agreement between 2 people is hard, if you throw in a third you got problems.

So I now have to change my options, the first and second are from the previous list:
1. I wait it out.
2. I'll price dump
but I decided that I wont be able to talk him or them out of it so:
3. I may have to contact the previous mentioned "whiner" (though I see his point now).

But I do see one light in the end of the tunnel! All glyphs are fixed at 5g 98s, no matter the normal price, supporting my theory that this is due to wrong settings in QA2. Also, the 5g 98s is a price that could be used as a threshold making my theory even more likely.

So first I'll try contact the price dumper and see if he has checked his settings, if not I'll wait for a while until finally contacting the non-price dumpers.

I am now sitting at 6400g so I've made a whole 400g since I started two weeks ago! That averages out at about 28.57g/day!! Ok, not that much... But as I have now started making money instead of losing it I'm on my way towards those big numbers.

Nothing new on the JC/inscription part. I've made a lot of rings and DCd them and leveled enchanting to 380.






No comments:

Post a Comment