Friday 14 August 2009

The goldpile is... sinking...


Yup that's right. I am sitting at 4700g. A loss of about 1500g. You may ask yourself, what happened? Well, it's not as bad as it looks.

When I woke up this morning and logged on I picked up my expired glyphs and a few sold ones hardly worth mentioning. After doing that I didn't really feel like working on the AH today so I toke a day of to get some rest.

I decided to try out trial of the champions, the new 5-man dungeon, today and it went good. We did it on normal 2 times, both with good results even if we had to do it with only four people on the second try resulting in a wipe on the black knight. On the second attempt we got him down to the ghost form and I... died. His mark of death really hurts. I flew back and entered the instance just in time to see the the healer and the other DPS get killed before the tank killed him.

But to get on the moneymaking subject. I've written to the price dumper I talked about yesterday without an answer. However, he/they have posted more auctions so I find it likely that this is intentional and not, as I belived, a configure error in QA2.

So what will I do about this? Nothing. Nothing at all. I will just stop posting for a few days and wait them out. If I'm lucky they may even suceed in driving some competition out. The worst thing that could happen is that I am forced to contact the other big glyph posters on my server and get them to join me in a even bigger price dump.

That would be absolutly worst case scenario and I really hope I wont have to take it that far.

On my enchanting/JC alt there hasn't been a lot of stuff going on either. No posted gems today and all I've sold is a few old enchanting scrolls from leveling. The price of titanium is at about 15-20g per ore, still far too much for me to even consider buying it, but I predict a price drop during the weekend.

I guess there is just one thing left to write. How did I manage to loose 1500g over 1 day. The answer is simple, it's called Jeeves. Most of you should have heard about it but if you haven't here's a short explanation.

Jeeves is like a regular repair bot with two important diferences.
1. He is not destroyed upon use and
2. He allows me to acess my banks from anywhere in the world.

I have never bothered with the old repairbots as I do not raid but I did see the usefulness of having acess to my bank so I decided to make it.

The mats however was pretty expensive so I ended up pretty poor, especially as I didn't have any income.

Well that's it. Hopefully I'll get a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Belse, nice blog. Found it in the JMTC forums. :) I'm actually thinking of skipping herbalism entirely on my scribe and leveling engineering for just that reason. And because engineers have access to a bank in Dalaran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks. I highly reccomend changing to engineering as a scribe as it gives you acces to both the ink trader and the AH at the same time.
    (I even consider it to be better than herbalism)

    But once again, thank you and good luck with the tinkering if you would decide to change.

    ReplyDelete