Tuesday 11 August 2009

Diving Into Gems

Today I leveled up the last 20 points of JC on my death knight and started prospecting titanium. Now lets do some math!

The chance to get each specific epic gem from a prospect is 4%. There are 6 diferent epic gems making the chance to get one 24% per prospect. 24 * 4 (the amount of prospects per stack of titanium) = 96% chance to get an epic gem per stack. I had about 8 stacks stocked up and later I bought 1 more to get 2 more titanium powders, this should've given me 9 gems (well, 8.64 but well round it up to 9). Instead I was lucky enough to get 13 (may have been 14, not completly sure about that). The point is, I got really lucky.



Additionally I also got 22 titanium powders. Compared to the 23.4 I would have gotten in a perfect world I made a small loss but the gems I got made up for it. And of course I also got a whole lot of green and blue gems.



I also did my second daily JC quest and handed in 20 titanium powders and bought the recipe for Defender's Dreadstone. Some people would propably have considered it to be better to buy maybe a red or blue cut but I decided that as there was a low supply of these (only two other sellers on the AH) and it sold for a lot (500g) it was my best choice.



I also got a lot of cut gems sold so I made a nice profit during night. On the other hand those last 20 skill points were expensive (25-50g per skyflare diamond hurts), but I should be able to get most back on the cuts.

I ended up with 5100g, a loss compared to yesterday but nothing too big. I also need to refill my stock of glyphs, after doing that I should get some more profit from them. That's pretty much all I have to say say today.

No comments:

Post a Comment