Tuesday 18 August 2009

Math Class

Once upon a time... No, that's not how I'm going to start this post. Instead we'll take a look at the glyph market. The first thing I noticed when I logged on and posted my glyphs was the lack of other posters. It appears as that the price dumper(s) plan have worked, I only saw 2-3 posters at each glyph and no competition at all on some. Unfortunantly I only got 225g from glyph sales during the weekend, but I suspect the prices will rise soon.

I also made about 450g from enchanting/JC, it has started to become a gold mine.

On top of that I decided to do some calculations on the how effective making your own inks is compared to buying it of the AH. The price for one ink on the AH is 2.5g. It takes about 6 seconds to make an ink (2 for milling and 2 for making the ink, I added 2 seconds to make up for lag and human error). One hour is 3600 seconds thus I can make 600 inks/hour. The price for one ink if I make it from a stack of adder's tongue bought for 15g is 0.33g (15-13 = 2, 2/6 = 0.33) if the snowfall ink sells for 13g, the higher it sells for the cheaper my inks are. The money saved by making my own inks is 2.5 - 0.33 = 2.17. So if 6 seconds of my time are worth 2.17g or more I should buy the inks of the AH, otherwise I should make them. In one hour I make 600 inks so 2.17g * 600 = 1302g. That means that when I hit the point I make 1302g per hour I should start buying them of the AH. However, as I did my calculations with 6 seconds instead of 4 this is not correct.

If each ink took 4 seconds to make that would mean I made 900 inks/hour putting the gold/hour cap at 1953gold/hour. But as this is the case in a perfect world and not likely to happen we can say that the cap is propably between 1500 and 1900g per hour.

Now, if you are still awake, I will tell you that the titanium prices are still high, about 18g per ore, but they are showing some signs of decreasing in price and they will propably be down to reasonable prices sometime during next week.

To finish the post I'm just going to write how much money I got at the moment. Smacky got about 3400 and Belsebub got 900 putting them at 4300g while Ferni got 1900g. In total I got 6300g (I know it doesn't add up, I got a few old alts with a few g on my server and the addon I use to see how much gold I have adds them all together), and I am once again starting to make profit from my AH work.

That's all for today

No comments:

Post a Comment