Monday 2 November 2009

Preparing for The Grand Return

Hello there. I am finally back in cold, cloudy Sweden and am right now sitting in front of my computer preparing for El Retorno Grand! (yes, I'm bad at spanish so I used google translator) Before the vacation I may have told you about my really low glyph stock which I had planned to fill up now.

So, right now I got close to no glyphs, haven't touched the AH in a week and have slowly reduced the amount of glyphs I post on the AH. You may already have noticed the great opportunity I got here. To you who haven't, take a look at this through my competition's eyes.

A competitior is posting fewer and fewer glyphs on the AH for every day and finally disappears from the market. You don't hear from him for a whole week.

What will they think about this? Most likely that he left the market. So is there any way I can use this to my advantage? At this point many of you may have realised what I'm planning to do, new bank alts. I already got two actually though I haven't used them for glyph posting. Before doing anything I will stock up on all my glyphs (1100 in total) and then go into the market.

I will most likely be able to scare of at least a few smaller sellers but the bigger ones will be tougher. I have noticed that while I've been gone there have appeared new sellers and I got about 90 pages of glyph on my server's AH, something I will try to fix. All I need to do except crafting lots and lots of glyphs is deciding a pricing strategy.

I can choose between undercutting by one copper, a few silvers to avoid loosing the customers that don't buy stuff from people who undercut by one copper or more to scare people off. I am leaning to using a pretty big undercut at first as I know that my threshold is one of the lowest ones on my server (at least before I left) so I will surely be able to cause some people to leave.

As I am unable to decide right now I'd appreciate any advice that you may give me.

4 comments:

  1. je "El gran regreso" or "el gran retorno" would be the right way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my server the majority of scribes have a fallback of 80g and undercut by 1c or 1s. I was making an ok profit following suit but for the last few weeks my sales have reduced dramatically. I used to sell around 600-700 glyphs a week, last week I sold less than 100. Today I posted over 1000 glyphs, then I did my QA scan to see what I needed to craft. In the time it took me to do the 2min scan 90% of my glyphs had been undercut. So I cancelled them all, changed my fall back to 15g and undercut to 60s. I know nearly every glyph in the game so I’ve covered nearly everything and posted 5 of each glyph selling for over 5g. I can’t wait to check my bank toon later today, I am expecting some hate mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google translator sucks :| (even tried to get a swedish translation for it but it doesn't know!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all welcome back Belsebub!

    As for a pricing stratergy, I'd go for big undercuts. You are right, your competitors think you are gone, so if you come back hard and strong with massive undercuts and a low threshold you'll certainly cause them to worry a little.

    ReplyDelete