Friday 4 September 2009

Need More Farm(er)s

Well, I don't have a lot of time to write this so it's just a quick update. Herb prices are rising, my farmer is nowhere to be seen and I'm running out of glyphs. Luckilly I found another farmer who sells me herbs for 17g/stack. While I don't make any real profit from them I still don't loose money and will be able to put up a fasade of some kind of controll for my competition.

These last few days have really shocked me. I have been used to never have enough money to buy all I need and had that as my only limitation. But now, I am suddenly relying on every move of the herb market to get any profit. I belive it has to be experienced to really be understood...

Well, that's it, I'm approaching 12k and really need to fill up my glyph stock to prevent my competition from getting a foot back into the market.

7 comments:

  1. Its the darkmoon fair :(


    Atleast on the us servers it is commin up this weekend. Pay the xfer fee and come buy some ink off me :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the only good thing about it is that you can sell your snowfall ink a lot easier. As long as you can get me them for less than 1g I'd love to do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new into the inscription game and wanted to thank you for all the information posted here. I've been following a lot of the inscription blogs for a while but yours really stands out for me. I've been lucky with herb farmers so far. Need one more nobles card to push me back into profit. Good luck!

    -Zeller

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been having the same problem with my farmers. I had one guy that I would regularly buy 75+ stacks of herbs from but he hasnt shown up in like a week. Personally I would think that DMF coming up would mean the farmers would be out more because of the price jump on herbs but I guess not.

    KamaKazeeKevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Zeller
    Good luck with your scribing

    @ Kama
    Yea, I find this weird as well. The amount of farmers around have dropped and I'm down to about half a page of adder's tongue on the AH. My guess is that Blizz did a mass-ban to one or more bigger gold farmers that combined with the faire caused these prices.

    I still find it weird that it would affect this many servers though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have no farmer absense on my server. :) We did a few weeks back though, but luckily I keep a stock of 20 of every glyph and had a few thousand IotS.

    I've found myself buying IotS off the AH tbh. :D Saves me alot of trouble, and since I have a pretty high threshold, even paying 4g/piece is profitable. After all, time = money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I made a post a while ago about how unprofitable it was to buy inks so I am pretty much against buying inks. But if your server's economy and your gold/hour ratio allows it then that's great for you (I wish I could do that).

    ReplyDelete